Thursday, November 17, 2022

TEXAS

 Hi everyone!

 

This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to attend PRSSA ICON in Grapevine, Texas. We flew out of Detroit on Friday. It was Dr. Aggie, Andrea Hoffman, Colette Liepert, Emma Smith, and I that all flew together. Alyson Hoffman, and Isabella Crego were at the conference as well, but they flew in separately.

 

Each day was filled with fun, learning, and networking. Some of my favorite speakers that I got to listen to were Brandi Boatner who called herself “the Beyonce of the Business World”, and Marlee Matlin who is a deaf actress.

 

The place we stayed in was called The Gaylord Texan Resort. At this location they have a celebration called the 40 Days of Christmas so the entire place was decked out head to toe in Christmas lights and decorations. They also had activities that you could pay for such as snow tubing and ice skating. As a group we all did the activity called ICE. We got to go into an area that was nine degrees and see the story of The Polar Express made out of ice. Since it is so cold in there they give you a blue parka to keep you warm along the way. It was so much fun.

 

I loved getting to spend so much time with the girls that went. We were not the type of people that hung out before we left but learning so much about them this weekend made my love for them and for PR grow even more.

 

The plane ride home was nice and smooth unlike the way there that had turbulence that made me very nervous. 

 

I had an amazing time and cannot wait for next year’s conference. It was truly a weekend that I will never forget. To everyone that made this possible, thank you! Now bring on Thanksgiving break!







1 comment:

  1. Megan! I'm so jealous that you had the opportunity to go to ICON. I will have to go next year! The Christmas-themed hotel and the ICE adventure seemed so cool! I'm so happy you had a fabulous time in

    ReplyDelete