Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Spooky Season

 Hey everyone!

If you know me at all, you know that I hate anything scary. I am beyond happy that Halloween is finally over. 

I think this all stemmed from when I was little and I would go out trick or treating and all the “big kids” would have scary masks on and I would just start crying. I always loved getting to dress up as whatever I was into that year and getting free candy, but the bad always outweighed the good. 

I remember this one time when my sister was a freshman at Ohio State Lima and my family and I went up to visit her. We were taking her grocery shopping at Walmart and I was alone with my sister in an aisle looking at something. These older kids came up to us in scary masks and were trying to scare us. I backed away and was yelling “Stop!” My dad heard us from the next aisle over and came over and yelled at the kids to go away and to stop tormenting us. I was almost in tears I was so upset and scared.

I have never been one for scary movies either. At a middle school volleyball sleepover, we decided to watch "Woman in Black". I was petrified. The girl who hosted the sleepover’s mom came downstairs and yelled at all of us to turn it off because we were screaming so loud. I did not watch another scary movie for another probably 5 years after that. I just recently watched "The Purge", which I enjoyed for the most part. It was not too scary. But then I watched "Annabelle Comes Home". That was the scariest movie I have ever seen. If I ever watch a scary movie again, it will be too soon.

Since Halloween is over, that means Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up. Those are my favorite holidays because I get to spend so much time with my family and now I don’t have to worry about being scared all of the time!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I absolutely love Halloween solely because I get to dress up, but i agree, I hate scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete