Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Summer 2022 Recap

Hey everyone! I am back to blogging for  Social Media Strategy and Campaigns class! 

I did my best to soak up one of my last few summers before I have to be part of the real world with a real job.

It started off different than any other in the past because it was my first summer not playing softball. My parents and I did not really know what do do with ourselves not having to be out the door by 5 A.M. each weekend. 

For work I babysat three days a week and also worked as a busser, host, and food runner at a restaurant called Bunkers Sports Bar & Grill. While babysitting I got to go to numerous fun places including pools/waterparks, Scene 75, movie theaters, and bowling. Each day consisted of a different activity for us to do. The girls were Molly, who is 10, and Annie, who is 7. The best part about the whole thing was that I got paid to have fun and all of our activities and lunches were paid for by their mom!

Another thing I did this summer was go to Universal Studios in Orlando, FL for a day, and then Melbourne, FL for the week after that. Harry Potter World was by far my favorite part because I had just finished reading all of the books a few months prior, so I knew what everything was and what it all meant. even bought the wand of my favorite character, Ron Weasley. 

I went to five concerts in total this summer: Harry Styles, Haim, Halsey, Big Time Rush, and The Driver Era. I am a concert fanatic and will go to one even if do not know a single song. 

Lastly, my dad and I were given diamond seat tickets to a Cincinnati Reds game. Neither of us had gone through this experience before, so we were both beyond excited. When we walked in it was a buffet of foods to choose from to eat. After we stuffed ourselves full we went out to our seats and there we had our own personal server who then came and brought us food as much as we want. All food and drinks were included in our ticket, so we did not have to pay for anything except parking!

The photos below are from the Big Time Rush concert, Cincinnati Reds game, and Universal Studios!





2 comments:

  1. Megan, I missed you so much this summer! It is great to have the Allen's, plus Garret, back together again. I am so jealous that you went to a Big Time Rush concert. When I was 8, my mom took me to their concert, and I loved it. It was my very first concert! I can't wait to hear all about your Harry Styles concert this weekend. While I have never been a Harry fan, I know you are his number one fan. This semester is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan! Your summer looks so fun. I haven't been to a baseball game since I was a little kid. I also worked as a busser over the summer and as a waitress. I am also so jealous you got to go to Universal Studios, I have never been. I have only been to one concert my whole life, so you beat me there. I am glad you had such a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete