Thursday, June 24, 2021

Food in Ada

If you have ever been to Ada, Ohio you know that there is not a whole lot of options when it comes to food. 

As a student at Ohio Northern I have a meal plan, so I get access to the dining hall. They switch up the foods daily but eventually they repeat. Also, if you don’t like what they are serving you get stuck with pizza, grilled chicken, or a burger. Or at least that’s how it was this past year. By the end of second semester I was tired of eating dining hall food because most of the time it wasn’t even that great. Personally, breakfast was my favorites and I only got that on the weekends if I even woke up early enough. 

 

The food outside of the meal plan is limited. The chain restaurants we have are Taco Bell, McDonalds, and Subway. The other restaurants in Ada are pretty good if you ask me. Jalapeños is my favorite. If you have never been there it is like a Chipotle. I have also tried Tavern 101 and one of the Chinese places. I’m not exactly sure which…oops. Somehow during my whole year at Northern I never tried El Campo. Which is one place you hear everyone talk about. My Mexican restaurant here at home is pretty good so I will have to see how they compare to each other. 

 

The worst part about all of this is that the nearest Chick-Fil-A is in Findlay, Ohio. I am used to having one real close to me and it being so far hurts my soul. My parents like to tell people I would eat it three meals a day, seven days a week and I fully agree with that statement. 

 

I am excited to get back to campus and try more restaurants and see if any take the number one spot of Jalapeños. 

No comments:

Post a Comment