Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Week Four Check-In

 Hi!

We are at the point in the semester where we all have our schedules pretty much down pat, and we know what we are doing. Our classes are starting to pick up, and some even have exams coming up. Lucky for me none of my classes this semester does exams at all, so that is one less thing that I do not need to stress about. 

Getting up early never seems to get easier no matter what time I go to bed. I can wake up just as tired when I go to bed at 10 p.m. versus 3 a.m. Caffeine is my best friend in the mornings. 

For my PR Issues class, we have been reading a book called Stamped. It is about the history of racism. It is teaching me so much that I did not know. People like Abraham Lincoln are not who we were taught that they were when we were in middle and high school. While I hate history books, this book is actually pretty interesting and I am glad we are reading it in class because I would not of chose this book on my own. 

For this class that I am doing the blog for (PR Strategies) we recently chose the company we wanted to work with and I chose Ohio Valley Region. My teammates are Brooke, Sam, and Alex. I love all of them, so I am super excited to work with them on this!

None of my other classes have had really anything special that is worth mentioning but stay tuned for a later post if they do. 

I hope you all have a good week and weekend!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fourth and fifth weeks of classes hit students like a bus! My entire schedule is overloaded. This may be my fault, but I just roll with it. We need to talk about this book. It would be intriguing to know the other side of historical figures. I am so excited to be working with you on our Ohio Valley Region project! It seems overwhelming when I think about it, but I know we are going to have a project we are proud of by the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to look into that book because I for one love history. I would be interested to learned about things that we did not necessarily learn in the traditional history classes we took.

    ReplyDelete